Here’s another recipe that can also be a complete meal and help build bone density:
Yogurt Chicken Salad
Yield: 4 servings (Provides 14 servings vegetables)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 medium hot chili pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 sweet red onion, diced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 pears, diced
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup plain yogurt or vanilla-flavored yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, watercress and spinach. Toss.
- Then add cucumbers, celery, chili pepper, onion and black beans. Toss again. Then add chicken.
- In a separate bowl mix yogurt, honey and apple cider vinegar. Pour over salad mix. Toss.
- Then top with pears, mandarin oranges and coconut.