Building Bone Density With Healthy Salads: Here’s How
Three foods that can build bone density fast are dairy products, protein foods and vegetables. However, building bone fast still means building bone over the next two years, since that’s how long it takes bone to remodel itself and end up completely new.
You’ll need plenty of healthy salads that contain fruits, vegetables, nuts, and protein in order to do that. If you commit to two large salads (each containing 4 to 5 servings vegetables) daily, you will amaze your doctor and your friends as well as yourself at how fast you turn the brittle bones situation around.
Here are a few recipes to help get you started:
Hot & Spicy Sour Cream Salad
Yield: 5 servings (15 servings vegetables)
- 3 cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 medium hot chili pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 sweet red onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup jicama, cubed
- ½ pound seedless grapes, cut in half
- 2 apples, diced
- 1+ tablespoon honey
- 2+ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a very large bowl, add all vegetables. Toss.
- Mix sour cream with honey and apple cider vinegar. Then pour over all vegetables. Toss again.
- Finally add the grapes and diced apples. Toss lightly and serve cold.
Note: You may add your meal’s protein to this salad to make it a complete meal. For example, add the meat from three cooked chicken wings or a chicken breast to the salad. Or if you love beef, cook a tri-trip and add about 4 ounces of that to the salad, drizzling some of the juices to the salad as well.
Next page: yogurt chicken salad.